Over the years, Eleanore’s Project has been immensely fortunate to have a dedicated and generous base of supporters. Your donations of money, time and resources have made our work possible.
We first introduced online giving in 2005 and have received substantial donations from supporters using credit cards through JustGive.org. Now we are thrilled to have discovered a new way to accept donations electronically in addition to JustGive. Dwolla is a safe, secure way to make donations and ensure that a maximal amount will end up where you want it – supporting the cause you care about – with very minimal fees.
Based out of Des Moines, Iowa, Dwolla is an electronic payment platform that takes credit cards out of the picture. No credit cards means fewer fees: the maximum Dwolla charge is 25 cents per transaction (and transactions of less than $10 are free).
Similar to PayPal, you link a bank account to your Dwolla account. Think of using Dwolla like writing a digital check. And when Eleanore’s Project receives your donation, we’ll send a tax-deductible receipt back to you promptly.
Dwolla also permits repeating transactions – so you can easily set up monthly donations with little hassle.
More from the Dwolla folks:
- Create your free account at www.dwolla.com.
- Connect your back account to your Dwolla account.
- Visit the Eleanore’s Project HUB page and enter the amount of your donation
- Select “Single payment” or “Recurring payment.” If you chose a recurring payment, select whether it will be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly.
- Fill out the “Details” box with anything we should know – like if your donation is supporting a specific volunteer.
- Continue to the next page and log in with your Dwolla account information
- Confirm the transaction.
- That’s it!
We’re open to feedback as we move into this new partnership with Dwolla. Let us know what you think here, in the comments, or at Facebook.